New to the MLA Handbook? Make learning the fundamentals of MLA style easy with our instructional video courses, available to all MLA Handbook Plus subscribers.
- Each course covers a key area, like works-cited-list entries, in-text citations, and quoting and paraphrasing.
- Courses are divided into short mini-lessons to guide students step-by-step through core concepts.
- “You Do” exercises periodically ask students to reflect on what they’ve learned and answer questions along the way.
- Students are prompted to take a short quiz at the end of each lesson to reinforce what they have learned.
- At the end of each course, students can test their knowledge with a final quiz. Then, they can use the handbook as a reference guide while writing papers with ease and confidence!
MLA Style 101
Explore the MLA template of core elements with this introductory course. Each of the nine videos highlight one of the elements—like author, version, or publisher—and provides guidance on how to find publication information in various types of sources.
MLA Style 101: Using the Practice Template
In this course you will learn how to use our practice template of core elements to assemble works-cited-list entries.
In-Text Citations in MLA Format
In this course you will learn about in-text citations in MLA style, including how to create basic and complex in-text citations, how to manage multiple sources in one sentence, and common misconceptions about in-text citations.
Quoting and Paraphrasing in MLA Format
Learn how to successfully paraphrase and quote from sources—and avoid plagiarism—in this detailed walk-through of the various ways to integrate quotations into prose.